Connecting Families to
The five program components are:
Making the Connection. Help Me Grow Care Coordinators located at 2-1-1 Orange County with support from Community Liaisons provide intake, triage, referral & connection to developmental services.
Building the Network. Community Liaisons develop ongoing relationships with programs in the community and support the maintenance of an updated resource inventory. Local networking events are held in each region of the county to support in building a developmental services network.
Educating Providers. Team members educate professionals about the importance of developmental surveillance and screening while promoting access to developmental services through Help Me Grow.
Identifying Gaps and Barriers. Data is collected and analyzed to document and identify needs to more effectively connect families to community resources.
Providing opportunities for developmental screening. Developmental screening and monitoring are available by calling the toll free number 1.866GROW.025 (1.866.476.9025). Parents and caregivers will be provided with information and connection to developmental screening opportunities in the community. If eligible children can be enrolled in the Help Me Grow Developmental Screening Program.
Why Call Help Me Grow?
Call if you are:
- Wondering about your child’s development, behavior or learning
- Needing support to access services
- Assisting a client, family member or friend seek information about developmental services
- Requesting to have your organization included in the developmental services database used for referrals
The Help Me Grow Team will:
- Listen to your concerns to help you decide which referrals are right for the needs of your family
- Find services that are appropriate and available for referrals
- Connect you and your child to services
- Follow up to find out if you were connected to a service